Fat talk free week
November 18th - 22nd
During the week of November 18th-22nd Colchester Middle School celebrated Fat Talk Free Week which is a campaign to draw attention to body image issues and the damaging impact of the “thin ideal” on women in society. CMS activities addressed body image issues that impact both girls and boys. The goals of the week were to:
- Inspire change in the way we think and feel about our bodies
- Educate students about the damaging impact of pursuing the ideal body
- Promote a healthy lifestyle and one that urges individuals to live a balanced life in mind, body & spirit
- Monday: Makeup Free Monday! The CMS community was encouraged to go makeup free on Monday in order to show off their natural beauty.
- Tuesday: The Ties That Bind Us: During TA the CMS community wrote down what they love or appreciate about their body or appearance. The slips of paper were stapled together to form a chain and is on display outside the library.
- Wednesday: Operation Beautiful: On Wednesday morning students arrived to find CMS decorated with anonymous notes of positive encourage reminding each one of them that they are wonderful just the way they are!
- Thursday: Inspiration Station: During lunch periods students listened to a playlist of inspirational songs.